At long last, a free Android-compatible Go app is now available through Pandanet! Approximately 80 thousand members from more than 150 countries use the Pandanet Go Match website and its world-class online Go Salon. Go is gaining popularity around the world as a "mind game," and now Pandanet brings it to your fingertips to be enjoyed at home or "on the go."
[Game Play / Viewing]This feature allows you to display a list of users currently in rooms, invite others to a match, and to view matches in real time. At least 1,000 members are logged in at all times, allowing you to play or view Go matches 24 hours a day, every day of the year. A perfect way to wile the time during commutes to work or school. Plus a reliable, patented rating system allows you to match up with anyone, regardless of skill differences, under the appropriate handicaps to even out the playing field.--------[Pro Games]This feature enables you to view live or archived title matches between top professional Go players, including the Qisheng, Meijin, Honinbo, Oza, Gosei, and Judan matches. Various other professional matches, Pair Go championship games, and even amateur tournaments are available for live or archival viewing as well.--------[News / Streaming]Go has been gaining worldwide popularity as an international "mind game".Pandanet features a stream of relevant, up-to-date Go-related information, including professional title match and amateur match information in real time.--------[Invitation]Pressing "Invitation" at the bottom of the screen will display a list of potential opponents who you can invite to play in a match. You can also select "Any player", which has the computer automatically match you with an opponent who meets your conditions.
Checking the "Received" box shows invitations received from other players, and checking the "Sent" box shows you details for invitations that youve sent out.--------[Question-a-day]A question is asked each day, covering various genres.Questions are updated on a daily basis, allowing you to answer at your own leisure. Answering a little each day will surely improve your playing skills.--------[Net Social Plaza]- Pandanet offers a "Social Plaza" (SNS) feature that includes the following services:
- The option to view your own match history and records.- The option to join a community that interests you, and to socialize with other community members by posting on a forum and sending messages.--------[Archive]Every match youve played can be saved to the software. You can also enter your own game records to store them, enter a variation diagram, etc. so that you can look through past matches anywhere at any time.--------[Settings]You can change the following settings, or check app controls here.
- Account- Change status- Set info- Move room- Show coordinates- Change autoplay speed- Confirm moves- Zoom out after move- Adjust volume* Layout features such as stones and boards can be customized in the tablet version.--------Pandanet holds a variety of Go tournaments and events.
(1) SportAccord-Pandanet Cup Online Go TournamentThe "SportAccord Go Online Tournament" and "Pandanet Cup Internet World Amateur Go Tournament" were combined to form this large-scale internet world Go tournament. Its held for classes ranging from indiscriminate to C Class, and awesome prizes are awarded to the champions in each class. Participation is free, so please take advantage of this unique opportunity to compete with Go fans from around the world.
(2) Pandanet Go European Team ChampionshipFive players, each representing a European country, play in team competition.
(3) Pandanet-AGA City LeagueFive players, each representing an American city, play in team competition.
(Many more events are available as well. Check the website for details.)--------